This privacy notice (“Notice”) explains how Concur Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries, and other affiliated and related companies ("Concur", "We" or “us”) collect and use personal information through our ExpenseIt Pro mobile app (“App”) for your employer, educational institution, or other providing entity or a service provider of one of these entities, such as a travel management company on whose behalf we provide you our services (“Providing Entity”). This App is only for use in connection with your use of Concur Expense backend standard software (“Concur Expense”). Personal information we collect on behalf of the Providing Entity is ultimately governed by our agreements with the Providing Entities. We neither control nor direct, nor are we responsible for the Providing Entity’s practices with respect to that information. You should contact the Providing Entity that granted you authorization to use this App to learn more about that entity’s practices.
We collect information from and about you when you use our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us directly or by synching with your accounts.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask that you provide information to Concur or synch information from your Concur Expense account profile and other sources with Concur’s system:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, surname, e-mail address, and telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- We may also collect:
- Password, country, language.
- Photos of receipts and invoices you choose to upload or email to us, and information in those photos recognized by our receipt recognition team, content recognition technology (“OCR”) and the metadata in those photos such as date of the receipt, vendor name and location, products or services purchased, expense amount, currency type, and payment type.
- Details of your professional expense reports and associated receipts you manage through the App and of the export of such receipts to Concur Expense, including financial information relating to such expenses.
- Transaction data of credit card accounts and other payment accounts you choose to import into the App.
Automatic Information Collection.
When you download access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect and send to Concur:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including time and date of use, data about actions taken and pages viewed within the app, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information.
- Stored Content, Information and Files. The App also may access content and metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example photographs of receipts and images of scanned documents and time, date and location stamp of such content.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device (GPS and Wi-Fi location).
We may use analytics, including analytics conducted by third parties, such as Google Analytics and others, to automatically track information to help improve this App, your user experience and understanding your preferences and interests. See “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/,
This App requires permission to access certain features on your mobile device which we use for the following reasons and may include the following types of permissions.
- Location Services - this lets us use the GPS and Wi-Fi location of the handset to determine your location which lets us help you create expense reports
- Photos – this lets us access photos you may have already taken of receipts to upload to the App and our servers
- Camera – this lets us access your camera so that you can take photos of receipts to upload to the App and our servers
- Storage – this lets us read and store receipts on your SD card
- Notifications – this lets us send push notices and email notifications to you using alert, sound and icon notices
- Cellular Data – this gives this App access to the 3G/4G connection on your device to send and load data
- Background App Refresh – this lets this App automatically check for new content and updates and synchronize/load data in the background upon receiving a push notification.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Providing Entity may use personal information for purposes other than listed above and may store and process personal information in other locations. You should contact the Providing Entity who granted you rights to use this App to learn more about their practices.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about you and information that does not identify you or any individual or device without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide on or through this App to the Providing Entity and as agreed to with that Providing Entity, which may include the following types of disclosures:
- To your Providing Entity
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To subcontractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
The Providing Entity on whose behalf we provide our services may share personal information to others beyond the types of third parties listed above. You should contact the Providing Entity who granted you rights to use this App to learn more about their practices.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to secure personal information in accordance with our agreement with your Providing Entity.
INFORMATION CHOICE AND ACCESS
You can review and change certain personal information used in association with this App by logging into Concur Expense and visiting your account profile page.
This App provides you with certain choices, for example, you can choose to turn off automatic export of receipts into Concur Expense, push notifications or access to location data by changing the settings in your App or mobile device. Opting out of the App's collection of location information will stop the App from using your phone’s Location Services feature but Concur may still collect location information through metadata of photos of receipts you upload or through OCR with information printed on your uploaded receipts.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may change and update this Notice from time to time. If we make any changes to this Notice, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
You are responsible for periodically visiting this Notice to check for any changes.
For questions or comments about this Notice and Concur’s privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
Updated: Nov 16, 2017